Brown Adult Day Program
For Older Adults with Memory Impairment
The Dorothy and Peter Brown Jewish Community Adult Day Program is dedicated to assisting older adults with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders to remain able, active and alert.
Our environment is designed to enhance the self-esteem, well-being and dignity of our participants. Through a partnership in caregiving, the program enables family members to keep loved ones living at home. We enhance quality of life and reduce the need for paid caregivers for older adults in assisted or senior living settings.
Participants benefit from:
- Individualized attention and care
- Socialization and recreation
- Therapeutic activities
- Health monitoring
- Nutritious kosher lunch and snacks
- Religious and cultural support
- An engaging place to spend the day
Also available: Personal care assistance, beautician, medical and therapeutic services, transportation and extended hours. This program encourages individuals to participate in activities they enjoy. These activities help participants feel independent and successful. Activities include: Arts and Crafts, Entertainment, Baking, Exercise, Music, Dancing, Field Trips, Pets, Drama, Gardening and Holiday celebrations.
Caregivers benefit from:
- A professional partner in caregiving
- A break from 24-hour care
- Flexible program hours
- Reassurance that their relative is safe and secure
- Information and referrals about community resources
- Educational classes
- Individual and group support
A home environment with special features:
- Security measures
- Shower and personal care areas
- Laundry room
- Hair salon for men and women
- Fully equipped kitchen
Our Two Sites
Jewish Senior Life
Dorothy and Peter Brown Center
Jewish Community Campus
6720 W. Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
JVS Rose and Sidney Diem Building
29699 Southfield Road
Southfield, MI 48076
Our program is nonsectarian. Services are available regardless of race, color, sex, religious affiliation, disabling condition or national origin.
Caregiver Support Group Meetings
(Please phone or email to verify day and time.)
Jewish Senior Life
- 2nd Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
JSL Meetings: Fran Cook 248-592-5032
- 2nd Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
JVS Meetings: Dorothy Moon 248-233-4392
This program runs Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedules can be individualized.