A. Alfred Taubman
Jewish Community Campus
15106 West Ten Mile Road
Oak Park, MI 48237
Map & Directions
Administrator: Colleen Janis
The Harriett & Ben Teitel Apartments located on the A. Alfred Taubman Jewish Community Campus in Oak Park offer 148 one-bedroom subsidized apartments. Teitel is open to individuals of all faiths and beliefs 62 years and older and those who require the design features of an accessible apartment for the physically challenged. Teitel Apartments are subsidized through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and rent is based on annual income. Nutritious Kosher dinners are served Monday through Friday for a monthly fee.
Our staff is highly trained and dedicated to ensuring the well-being and dignity of each resident while striving to ensure their highest possible quality of life. Our staff and volunteers have been trained in the Art of Jewish Caregiving which benefits persons of all faiths and beliefs.
Be a part of a warm and inviting community that provides companionship, support services and quality living for older adults. Residents enjoy a full range of recreational, social and cultural programs and activities while residing at Teitel Apartments.
All faiths and beliefs welcome without preference or limitations.
Jewish Senior Life and Jewish Apartments & Services, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities.
The person named below has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s regulating implementing Section 504 (24 CFR, Part 8 dated June 2, 1988).
Compliance Coordinator: Michelle Buda
15000 W. 10 Mile Road, Oak Park, MI 48237
Ph. 248-592-1101 TTY# 711
If you are disabled and wish to request a reasonable accommodation or if you have difficulty understanding English, please request our assistance and we will ensure that you are provided with meaningful access based on your individual needs.
Eсли вы имеете инвалидность и просите ,чтобы на основании этого были сделаны какие-либо изменения в квартире, или вам нужен перевод с английского, обратитесь к нам, и мы обеспечим доступ к этим услугам основываясь на ваших индивидуальных нуждах
Si usted está incapacitado y desea solicitar un alojamiento razonable o si tiene dificultad para entender el inglés, por favor solicite nuestra asistencia y nos aseguraremos de que le proporcionen un acceso significativo basado en sus necesidades individuales.
- A strong sense of community
- Social work staff & support
- Nutritious Kosher food supervised by an on-site mashgiach from the Council of Orthodox Rabbis
- Walking distance to area synagogues & temples with churches, mosques and other Houses of Worship only a short drive away
- Close proximity to stores and businesses including those serving the Jewish community
- Jcare, Inc. in-home services available
- Activity program coordinator
- Recreational and Educational Programs
- Computer room/library
- Shabbat Kiddush
- Transportation available
- Beauty shop
- Convenience store
- Russian translation services available
- Fitness membership/Jewish Community Center (reduced rates)
- Pet friendly
Jewish Traditions Observed
- Celebration of Jewish Holidays and any other Religious Holidays residents wish to celebrate
- Judaic programming and activities on the campus
- Judaic education and activities
- Spiritual support and guidance
- Non-electric Shabbat door
- Shabbat Candle lighting
Teitel Apartments is an equal opportunity housing provider which welcomes all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or national origin.