Eugene & Marcia Applebaum
Jewish Community Campus
6700 & 6690 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Map & Directions
Administrator: Melissa Morton
Experience the difference in quality living that the Hechtman I & II Apartments bring to each of its residents. Our staff and volunteers working in each residence have been trained to ensure continued quality of life.
Hechtman I has 102 subsidized one-bedroom apartments and is open to residents 62 and older or for those who require the design features of an accessible apartment for the physically challenged. The rent is subsidized through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for those who qualify. Nutritious Kosher dinners are served Monday through Friday for an additional fee. Weekend dinners are also available.
Hechtman II offers 96 one-bedroom market-rate apartments. Residency is available for those 62 years of age and older only. Nutritious Kosher dinners are served Monday through Friday and are included in the monthly fee. Weekend dinners are also available for an additional fee.
The Hechtman Apartments are located on the Eugene and Marcia Applebaum Jewish Community Campus in West Bloomfield, where there is access to Jewish Community Center programs and activities, art galleries, health club, theaters, synagogues, temples, gardens and museums with over 50 acres of winding nature trails. Churches, mosques, restaurants, markets, malls, other major shopping and entertainment venues are nearby.
Be a part of a warm and inviting community that provides convenience, support services and quality living to older adults of all faiths and beliefs. Residents enjoy a full range of recreational, social and cultural programs and activities while residing at Hechtman Apartments.
All faiths and beliefs welcome without preference or limitations.
- Spacious, open floor plans
- Nutritious Kosher meals with wait staff service
- Social work staff and support
- Chapel and weekly religious services
- Library with computers and internet access
- Café, convenience store and gift shop
- 24 hour lighted monitored parking
- Jcare, Inc. in-home services available
- Prescription Program for Seniors (PPS)
- Beauty and barber shop
- Transportation available
- Wide variety of recreational, educational and social programs
- Fitness membership/Jewish Community Centers (reduced rates)
- Pet friendly
Additional Amenities at Hechtman II
- Spacious apartments with walk-in closets
- Walk-in showers
- Microwave oven, full-size stove and dishwasher
- Heated, covered entryway
- Apartments are cable television and computer ready
- Wireless internet in lobby
Hechtman I Apartments is an equal opportunity housing provider, which welcomes all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or national origin.
Hechtman II Apartments is an equal opportunity housing provider, which welcomes all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or national origin.