Fleischman Residence / Blumberg Plaza
Eugene & Marcia Applebaum
Jewish Community Campus
6710 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Map & Directions
Administrator: Staci Fealk, LMSW
The Fleischman Residence/Blumberg Plaza, a licensed Home for Aged, provides an ideal hotel lifestyle for our Jewish older adults with readily available support services for assistance in easy living with service that is above and beyond your expectations. Our staff and volunteers have been trained in the Art of Jewish Caregiving to ensure continued quality of care.
Located on the Eugene and Marcia Applebaum Jewish Community Campus in West Bloomfield, there is easy access to art galleries, spa facilities, theaters, gardens and museums. Restaurants, markets, malls, other major shopping and entertainment venues are nearby. Trips are scheduled to cultural events and for personal shopping. Each day, residents receive a Blumberg Blurb, a calendar of events informing them of scheduled activities and field trips they can attend. The Fleischman Residence/Blumberg Plaza is a uniquely designed environment promoting wellness for older adults.
The Alpern Life Enhancement Program enriches the environment with plants, aviary and animals.
- Bright, airy, fully-carpeted, comfortable suites, many with balconies, designed for comfort and convenience
- Private double and adjoining suites are available
- Each suite is equipped to accommodate selected items of treasured personal or furnished furniture
- Each suite is equipped with 24 hour emergency call switches to ensure personal safety and security
- Social work staff & support
- Residential health services with RN supervision of personal care staff
- Nutritional Kosher meals & snacks
- Personal care attendants are available to assist around-the-clock
- Medication administration
- Weekly housekeeping with linen & towel service
- Beauty and barber shop
- Respite stay and guest rooms available for short term stays
- Easy access for visiting physicians
- Social lounges for residents provide recreational and leisure enjoyment
- Computers with internet access are available for residents’ daily use.
- Transportation available
- Fitness membership/Jewish Community Centers (reduced rates)
Activities & Events
- Alpern Life Enhancement Program
- The Kaufman Chapel – religious services for Shabbat & Holidays
- Art Classes
- Walking Club
- Group Exercise
- Yiddish Club
- Men’s Club
- Movies and Theatre
- Current Event Discussion Group
- Pet-a-pet Therapy
- Card club, Mahjong, Rummicube, Bingo, and more
- Out trips to Jewish Community Centers, museums, synagogues, temples, theatres, summer picnics and more!