Fleischman Residence / Blumberg Plaza
Eugene & Marcia Applebaum
Jewish Community Campus
6710 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Map & Directions
Administrator: Rachel Ruskin
The Fleischman Residence/Blumberg Plaza, a licensed Home for Aged, provides an ideal hotel lifestyle for our Jewish older adults with readily available support services for assistance in easy living with service that is above and beyond your expectations. Our staff and volunteers have been trained in the Art of Jewish Caregiving to ensure continued quality of care for persons of all faiths and beliefs.
Located on the Eugene and Marcia Applebaum Jewish Community Campus in West Bloomfield, there is easy access to art galleries, spa facilities, theaters, gardens and museums. Churches, mosques, restaurants, markets, malls, other major shopping and entertainment venues are nearby. Trips are scheduled to cultural events and for personal shopping. Each day, residents receive a Blumberg Blurb, a calendar of events informing them of scheduled activities and field trips they can attend. The Fleischman Residence/Blumberg Plaza is a uniquely designed environment promoting wellness for older adults of all faiths and beliefs.
The Alpern Life Enhancement Program enriches the environment with plants, aviary and animals.
All faiths and beliefs welcome without preference or limitations.
- Bright, airy, fully-carpeted, comfortable suites, many with balconies, designed for comfort and convenience
- Private double and adjoining suites are available
- Each suite is equipped to accommodate selected items of treasured personal or furnished furniture
- Each suite is equipped with 24 hour emergency call switches to ensure personal safety and security
- Social work staff & support
- Residential health services with RN supervision of personal care staff
- Nutritious Kosher meals & snacks
- Personal care attendants are available to assist around-the-clock
- Medication administration
- Weekly housekeeping with linen & towel service
- Beauty and barber shop
- Respite stay and guest rooms available for short term stays
- Easy access for visiting physicians
- Social lounges for residents provide recreational and leisure enjoyment
- Computers with internet access are available for residents’ daily use.
- Transportation available
- Fitness membership/Jewish Community Centers (reduced rates)
Activities & Events
- Alpern Life Enhancement Program
- The Kaufman Chapel – religious services for Shabbat & Holidays
- Art Classes
- Walking Club
- Group Exercise
- Yiddish Club
- Men’s Club
- Movies and Theatre
- Current Event Discussion Group
- Pet-a-pet Therapy
- Card club, Mahjong, Rummicube, Bingo, and more
- Out trips to Jewish Community Centers, museums, synagogues, temples, theatres, summer picnics and more!
Jewish Senior Life and Jewish Apartments & Services, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities.
The person named below has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s regulating implementing Section 504 (24 CFR, Part 8 dated June 2, 1988).
Compliance Coordinator: Michelle Buda
15000 W. 10 Mile Road, Oak Park, MI 48237
Ph. 248-592-1101 TTY# 711
If you are disabled and wish to request a reasonable accommodation or if you have difficulty understanding English, please request our assistance and we will ensure that you are provided with meaningful access based on your individual needs.
Eсли вы имеете инвалидность и просите ,чтобы на основании этого были сделаны какие-либо изменения в квартире, или вам нужен перевод с английского, обратитесь к нам, и мы обеспечим доступ к этим услугам основываясь на ваших индивидуальных нуждах
Si usted está incapacitado y desea solicitar un alojamiento razonable o si tiene dificultad para entender el inglés, por favor solicite nuestra asistencia y nos aseguraremos de que le proporcionen un acceso significativo basado en sus necesidades individuales.